Wow, everyone's either in a relationship or in love right now. Me? I'm neither. It's not that I'm jealous, or that I want a relationship myself at this point- I don't think my parents would approve, and anyway, I don't think any guy would really chase me!- but one can't help feeling a bit lonely in this regard. I'm reading or finding out about all these people's love lives and it's kind of... depressing, actually, to be surrounded by couples. I once liked a guy- like really liked him- but after a huge disappointment, I got over him and moved on. The thing is, I've never had any 'romance' in my life. Sure, there's been mutual crushes over the years, but nothing big- nothing real. I've never received a hug from or held hands with a guy, let alone even had my first kiss. Yet all these people I know have some aspect of romance in their lives... Sometimes I look at my sister and her fiance and I wish I had someone to talk to and just be myself around, too, kind of like my knight in shining armour. *Sigh* maybe I'm just being too much of a hopeless romantic after all these movies I've been watching. Yes, that must be it.
Just a stupid rambling.
5 comments:
Romance can be very thrilling, but it has its downside, too. You say 'talk to and just be myself around.' That rarely happens, in my experience. Romance brings with it expectations and unwritten rules. You find yourself becoming a different person, even if only slightly and temporarily. You find yourself making compromises, adjusting your attitudes and so on.
It will happen when it's ready, but in the meantime I think you should enjoy having the freedom to be yourself. Losing a bit of that is the price you pay for the thrill of romance. I have the impression you have a strong and relatively uncomplicated sense of self. It becomes more complicated when you get into romance.
i know how you feel, because i've felt it so much before, sometimes now too. just someone to be with... it's hard to find the right person. but i assure you, when the time is right, they'll come along. they may not even be the person you expect...
I'm in your shoes too! Never been kissed, but I have liked a guy or two a lot. Current situation actually, though he doesn't know... and probably won't find out. Too embarrassing!
awww Luce! you know i used to feel just like this, until i realised how actually easy it is to find romance and knights in shiny armour in ordinary ppl. i think its coz you just dont enough supply of men in your life, and your type generally recquire from guys than just 10 minute flings. Maybe youll jsut have to wait for boys our age to grow up.
Lucy, you're not a hopeless romantic...you just like chick flicks:D
Who doesn't want someone to talk to and have it all comfortable? I guess a person like this very rarely comes around, whether you are attracted to them or not. This is why you see me talking to myself alot, haha...no really.
Post a Comment